Google Analytics Fundamentals
7th November 2020
1 day, Sat, 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
This course is an entry level course in the powerful Google Analytics platform. In the course we cover the basics of what makes up Analytics, what the main menu items are and what basic reports you can retrieve and how to customise these reports.
On completion of this course, students should have an understanding of the following:
- Have a better understanding of what Analytics is all about and what the terminology means.
- Learn how the basic account is set up and the most important settings.
- Understand the importance of users, sessions and visitors and interpreting the information in reports.
- Learn about metrics and dimensions and how they are structured and used in creation of reports.
- Appreciate the extent of the main menus down the left-hand side and what the essential reports are covered under each one.
- Overview of Dashboards, Custom Reports and Saved Reports
- Appreciation of what an Analytics Goal is and how to configure and track these.
- Learn how to connect to other Google tools and dashboards for integration of reporting.
- Prerequisites There are no hard and fast pre-requisites for this course, however a basic understanding of computers and in general how to navigate around a browser and general browser navigation is recommended.
- Target Audience The course is designed to provide an overview of Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a complex reporting solution and this course is designed as an overview for beginners wanting to understand the basics.
Please note: All courses need a minimum number to go ahead. If your course does not have enough enrolments, we regret that we will have to cancel and will let you know either by email or text. Courses are usually cancelled, when necessary, 2-3 working days prior to the scheduled start date.