Starting an Online Business
There are currently no upcoming dates for this course. Check back soon!
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now!
Find about this rapidly growing way of doing business: case studies; market research; shopping cart; getting online; marketing and advertising - intermediate PC skills required.
On completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Learn about the differences between traditional commerce and e-commerce
- Understand the competitive landscape and how to conduct market research
- Find out what skills you have and what skills you will need
- Understand what keywords are and why they are so important
- Learn about what Trademarks are and why they are so important
- Understand how to choose and effective domain name for your business, both the business name and keyword friendly domain name
- Learn the key terms about website development and how to select a website template or web designer for your website project
- Learn about e-Commerce and what payment gateways are about
- Understand frieght and shipping with respect to online shopping
- Learn some search engine basics and how to monitor traffic to your website.
Please note: All courses need a minimum number to go ahead. If your course does not have enough enrolments, we regret that we will have to cancel and will let you know either by email or text. Courses are usually cancelled, when necessary, 2-3 working days prior to the scheduled start date.
There are no hard and fast pre-requisites for this course, however a basic understanding of computers and in general Microsoft applications and the use of navigation menus and toolbars is recommended. Experience with an internet browser would also be of benefit.