Photoshop - An Introduction to Photo Editing
17th November 2019
1 Day, Sun, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Adobe Photoshop is a powerful photo design and composition program that acts as a creative tool allowing you to open and work with images from digital cameras, smart phones and scanners, import rendered visualisations, and create your own painted graphics! You can work with photographs, illustrations, drawings, video and slides. You can import an image in one format and export it in another. As a result, you can easily transfer Photoshop images and files to other applications, computer platforms, and uses, and output for print or web. For Photoshop and Photoshop Elements users
- Work with the Photoshop workspace, toolbox, control panel and panel groups.
- Learn about the different types of layers, adding special effects and filters.
- Learn to use the Selection tools, feathering and anti-aliasing.
- Work with Adjustment Layers and Smart Objects.
- Introduction to the Photoshop workspace, tools, panels, navigation
- Adjustment layers, Image layers and text layers
- Feathering and anti-aliasing
- The focus and toning tools
- Using Smart Objects
- Resize and crop images
- Learn how to use the selection tools
- Clone Stamp and Healing tools, Red Eye and Patch tools
- Printing and output
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the workspace controls, open and close panels and use the Control Bar and Toolbar.
- Use basic selection tools and edge refinement to isolate and edit parts of an image.
- Manipulate layers through ordering, positioning, scaling, rotation, and adjustments.
- Create composite images that demonstrate advanced selection and layering techniques.
- Create Adjustment Layers and Smart Object Filters for non-destructive editing.
- Set and modify typography using the type tools, Character and Paragraph panels.
- Apply special effects using Layer Styles.
- Prepare images for Web and Print output with appropriate sizing and resolution.
Please note: All courses need a minimum number to go ahead. If your course does not have enough enrolments, we regret that we will have to cancel and will let you know either by email or text. Courses are usually cancelled, when necessary, 2-3 working days prior to the scheduled start date.