InDesign - An Introduction to Page Layout
16th November 2019
1 Day, Sat, 9:00 AM -4:00 PM
Adobe InDesign offers tools for professional desktop publishing to create posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, books and much more. It is the #1 program for page layout used throughout the world by professional designers, marketing studios and the press industry.
- Learn to create well designed documents using InDesign’s controls.
- Be able to work with the Toolbox, Control panel and Panel groups.
- Work with the Type and Image controls.
- Create new documents and use page setup effectively.
- Work with Master Pages, page numbering and learn to apply masters to regular pages.
- Use rulers and guides to place your text and graphics
- Understand and use the toolbox and panels, menu options and page layout controls.
- Place text and graphics onto your page in a variety of ways.
- Work with the type controls for Character and Paragraph formatting.
- Be able to crop, size and position graphics.
- Apply colour to fills and strokes on all objects and text boxes
- Wrap text around graphics and objects.
- Output your document to PDF.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Set up a document for single pages or two sided printing
- Work with Master Pages to speed up page layout
- Insert Headers and Footers, and Page Numbers
- Place text and graphics into your document
- Work with Character and Paragraph formatting controls
- Wrap text around graphics and shapes
- Output files to PDF