FREE for NZ Residents / Citizens / Partnership Visa of NZ Residents or Citizens - An Administration Fee of $20 Applies
Having some basic NZSL skills means you can comfortably communicate with Deaf people, and makes it much easier for them to access information in their everyday lives. Students must have completed New Zealand Sign Language Level 1A, 1B & 1C, before they can enrol in Level 1D
Learning conversational NZSL in our classes is interactive, easy and fun. Come and give it a try!
Level 1D covers:
Unit 8: My Place
• invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
• give and ask for addresses and contact details
• describe identifying features of their home
• understand and give simple directions to their homes
• identify rooms in the house
• name essential household items relevant for visitors
Unit 9: Events & Celebrations
• communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
• talk about destinations (places) and modes of travel
• describe and discuss plans
• make interruptions
Course Fee Subsidy
This course is subsided by Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) for NZ citizens and permanent migrant adults, their partners on work visas or visitor visas, and refugees. To qualify, registrants should be over the age of 16 years and not currently enrolled in a secondary school. You must provide evidence of NZ citizenship, residency, or refugee status to our staff for sighting purposes.
$99 For Non Residents
Please note: All courses need a minimum number to go ahead. If your course does not have enough enrolments, we regret that we will have to cancel and will let you know either by email or text. Courses are usually cancelled, when necessary, 2-3 working days prior to the scheduled start date.